Building a strong brand requires a sturdy frame and a touch of creative magic.
Here are the 6 most important things to consider before designing a brand/rebrand.
- Why are you here? In the fast-paced world of branding, it's vital to have a clear and concise statement that captures the essence of your core purpose. Take a step back and simplify your message to just a few headline-worthy words. This powerful statement will act as your guiding light, reminding you of your true north whenever doubts creep in.
- What do you do, and how do you do it? Let's get practical! Describe what you do and how you do it in a way that resonates with your target audience. Your statements should be descriptive, functional, and should highlight the unique processes that set you apart from the competition. This is your chance to showcase your expertise and give customers a glimpse into the magic that happens behind the scenes.
- What makes you different? In a sea of competitors, it's crucial to stand out and make a splash. Discover what sets you apart from the rest and use it to your advantage. By understanding your unique selling proposition, you can position your brand effectively in the minds of your customers. Show them the exclusive value they'll receive by choosing you over the competition.
- Who are you here for? Knowing your target audience is like having a secret decoder ring to unlock their hearts and minds. Identify the key audience for your product or service and tailor your messages to resonate deeply with them. By understanding their needs, desires, and pain points, you can speak directly to their souls and build meaningful connections.
- What do you value the most? Your core beliefs and universal truths shape the DNA of your brand. What do you hold dear? What values guide your decisions and actions? Understanding your brand's values is vital as it influences how both founders and employees behave. When your values align with those of your customers, you'll forge lasting relationships built on trust and shared principles.
- What's your personality? Just like humans, brands have personalities too! It's time to express yourself to the world and infuse your brand with a unique tone of voice. Determine how you want to communicate and connect with your audience—whether it's playful, sophisticated, or even a touch of quirkiness. A consistent and authentic personality will help you leave a lasting impression on your customers.
If you can clearly define and articulate these key points. That's when you're ready to sail safely to the design phase. Remember: without a strong frame, it doesn't matter how magnificent your boat looks.
It won't float.